Sunday, July 15, 2012

I think I have spent more time at this McDonalds than I have in the past year in America. Silly internet.

Yesterday was France's national holiday which turned out to be pretty fun. I looked at it as my own celebration of July 4 since I didn't get one this year. I got fireworks and everything. There is a large lake in Annecy, so the spectacle took place there, surrounded by the most gorgeous views of the mountains. 

On our walk to the city I got some more battle wounds from nonchalantly running right into a light post. I was just trying to be nice and fish some crackers out of my purse for my hunger-starved-wilting-away roommate and BAM! Next time he saw the same thing coming, he was sure to physically move me to the other side of the sidewalk.

Friday night was filled with more festivities with friends. We went back to the discotheque we went to last weekend. I don't think I told you, but it was not the best experience our first time. The crowd was mostly middle-aged seemingly single men awkwardly dancing their way around both the young and old women grooving on the dance floor, which resembled a lot of the dancing I see at clubs in America. Except this time, it was to music from the US, 80s style. My fear of partaking in this scene kept me from dancing. However, this Friday, the crowd was mostly students from my school. It had a much better vibe and we had a great time. As a bonus, we scored some giant red sunglasses, glow-in-the-dark bracelets and light-up rings. 


Clara, Me and Lene sporting our party favors from the discotheque. Heyyyyy.

Le Munich. Our frequented bar.

Me with Basil and Lene waiting for fireworks.


Gorgeous view of the mountains.

This was a 'swing' dance group we watched at the national day festival. They were all very good. It is a little lengthy, but they do some really cool tricks and I had to record it. 

Friday night I also tried the ice cream flavor 'caramel'. Not good. Kinder is keeping its lead in my book for now.

I am off to hike back to the apartment and make some spaghetti. Yum.

Bon Soiree!

No comments:

Post a Comment