Friday, July 6, 2012

Hi!

How bad have I been trying to write this blog? Well, I am sitting outside of 'Quality Burger Restaurant' stealing their internet as we speak. And probably looking like a fool just sitting on some steps to this random building with even more random shops in it. They include the library, this fast food restaurant and a tourist store.

And let me tell you what just happened. This older gentleman just sat by me, yes on these random stairs and started talking to me. At which point I decided that I don't speak French, hoping that he would leave me alone. No success. I tried to tell him I had to write this to you, because my battery is dying very quickly, and he proceeded to try and read my post. When I continued to ignore him, he thought he better leave and tried to shake my hand. I know it may sound rude, but I'm not really into shaking some strangers hand who is creeping me out. With that, he told me I wasn't nice and then patted my head and walked away. Weird. I thought I had seen it all in Annecy, but clearly I was mistaken.

Anyways....school is going well. I study French so much during the day that it haunts me and keeps me awake at night. But I suppose I am learning something!

My roommates are great as well. Lene is from Norway and also studying to be a nurse. Christian is Italian and speaks little English, requiring me to actually practice my French skills. It is getting better and easier every day. I have also made friends from Russia, Brazil, England and Scotland!

(btw...someone else just approached me and a similar thing happened...wtf)

My current favorite ice cream flavor is 'vanille brownie'. Yes, its what is sounds like and totally American. But after my last ice cream experience, I had to play it safe.

Tomorrow includes a day of Alps exploration with some classmates, followed by what should be an adventure at the diskotheque. I will post pictures of my week soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment