Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Anyone who has ever been to a farmer's market should be a little jealous of me today. I spent my morning waltzing around the market by my apartment, buying lots and lots of produce for about 13 euros. I know you don't all know how expensive it is to live here, but this market is by far the best thing that could have happened to my wallet here. (To put it into perspective, a load of laundry at the laundromat costs around $5). I was amazed at how much produce I got.  And, I bought it supporting the local farmers. Two birds, one stone. If there is one thing France has the US doesn't, I think its that. Of course, I love going to the Davenport Farmer's Market, but I'm not always sure I get a deal there. Plus, they have a huge variety of local cheese (which if I can snag myself a cooler, I WILL be bringing back to the US), several different meat stands and what I like to call 'An Olive Buffet'. Its really too bad I hate olives, because I would be in heaven at this stand. Definitely one of the things I will miss here.

You will also be happy to know that no one else has awkwardly approached me this week. YAY!

This weekend in the National Festival for France, so that should be fun and I will definitely tell you all about it. A classmate of mine from St. Ambrose also arrives this weekend to join the same program I am in, so I will have a familiar face :)

A Bien-Tot!

No comments:

Post a Comment