Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I made it back to the United States safe and sound. I'm still recovering from some jet lag 3 days later, but I thought I should leave you with some closure from the trip.

Mom and Maggie greeted me at the Santa Fe airport, where I was then carted to northern Santa Fe to have a barbecue. After 32 hours of travelling, of course, we had a party :) It was pretty awesome and great to see all the people I had met here in Santa Fe. Mom and Grandma also had travelling in for a small vacation, as well as Dom's mom. So, we had a small family reunion as well. It has been really nice to have us all in the same area for a few days.

Yesterday, Mag, Mom, Gma and I drove up to Taos, NM. We got to see a part of the Rio Grande. Yay for Mom and Maggie for walking to the center of it with me!!!



Night of the barbecue with Gma and Mom

Mom and Maggie at Santa Fe Baking

Love this photo :)

Just making a HUGE batch of chocolate-covered rice crispy treats!!!!

Barbecue...Me, Mom, Gma and Maggie...and baby Micah


Rio Grande!

Gorge and the Rio Grande. Gorgeous. I'm gonna miss these views in Iowa.

I have been looking back and reminiscing on this summer and I know its not over just yet, but I can't help but know it was a great summer and I have been truly blessed to partake in the opportunities I had this summer. I was able to spend time with my family and friends and see some things that many people will never get to experience. It has definitely been one for the books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment