Thursday, June 14, 2012

Today, we traveled.

I am sitting here in MIA (Miami International Airport) next to 2 sleeping girls, people watching and eating some far too vinegary 'sea salt and vinegar' chips. I should also be sleeping, but instead find myself sitting nearly in the middle of this terminal's walkway using 1 of what seems like about 10 outlets in the entire airport; half of which are broken (good job, Miami)

The good news is, we are almost to the Dominican. The bad news? Its been one hell of a day. To brief you, we found out last night that one of our flights today was cancelled :( Unacceptable. Thanks to Dom, Maggie and a wonderful lady at American Airlines, we worked it out. We also worked out that we'd get about 2.5 hours of sleep. YAY. Needless to say, this made us quite the giggly bunch and there is probably a significant amount of passengers at the Albuquerque airport that think we are nuts. 

I have 2 favorite moments to share with you from today. The first was a result of my teaching Maggie how to take self-portraits on her phone, which ended up something like this: (my apologies to my sissy, but this was necessary)




Second favorite mishap....
I am nonchalantly watching an episode of True Blood, when all of sudden I feel some super hot liquid burning my leg. The loud gasp I made caused a small ruckus in the front half of the cabin to the point that I was offered some burn relief cream. (very nice lady) Coffee+Maggie= not always the best combo


                                                Awo and Koda. Miss them already :(

No comments:

Post a Comment